Monday, October 10, 2011

2 Samuel 11:1-5

I came to the sad realization today in my institute class. King David and I are very similar in our sins. I've heard this story so many times before but it was just today that it hit me so hard. We are not the same, mind you, but still, how we lost our way is so...

Here let me show you.

In these versus his "mistakes" work like this:
1. Not in the right place at the right time - He was in Jerusalem instead of on the battle field, not that he had to be but it probably would have been better if that was where he was.
2. He was walking around on the roof at night - Sure I know it's not that big of a deal and we don't know the reasons why he was out that night but had he been sleeping there would be no problem.
3. Sees the woman - This also could possibly not be that big of a deal because he could have look away, it's the next part that becomes the main sin
4. Inquired after her - Had he had just left it alone there would be no lesson to really learn there beside the fact that there was temptation and he did not fall for it, however that is not the case because he allowed his curiosity to get the better of him.
5. Adultery - He could have repented here, it wouldn't have been easy but he still could have.
6. Murder - His repentance could no long truly come to pass because you can never bring someone back to life after this.

Now here are my "mistakes":
1. I was in my brothers room - This itself wasn't that bad of a decision as I was play a game, that he allowed me to play, that was currently only on his computer.
2. I wondered through his files while waiting for something - I start with my mistakes here. I should have left his privacy alone. Even if I was bored I had no right to be going through his stuff.
3. I saw something that I shouldn't have - This itself also isn't a bad thing because much to the despair and horror of many others it happens more often then anyone would like it too.
4. I became curious and looked for more of it - This is my deepest regret...

Thankfully that is where I am at... and thankfully I still very much have a chance at repenting and finding myself free of this. King David, I am forever grateful for the example you have set and now the major impact it will have in my life.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment