Sunday, October 16, 2011

Reading Between the Lines

I added another word to my "I hate hearing this" collection. It's not that big yet, probably just under ten, but every year it seems to grow...

I'm not going to say what the word is because there are probably a couple people who used it on me.
Now I know they don't mean anything when they do it... but still.
That's what everyone around says and it's the last thing you want to be makes hard to be happy hearing it.
It's the exact opposite of what I want to be to tell you the truth.
Many people try to spin it into a positive light, trying not to offend me but it still fails.
I will laugh and agree with it but inside...
Damaging, destroying, breaking... Like taking a hammer to my heart every time it is said.
Always smiling through the pain.
They wouldn't understand my pain from hearing that one word, because it is such a simple.
It wasn't always that way...
No, I once heard it as a compliment; I was proud when I heard people say it.
Great pride then, but now it hurts.

Even a word of similar nature and I feel it take another hit. But I just keep smiling and laughing through it. After all it is what I wanted right?

No comments:

Post a Comment